Active TS/SCI Security clearance required
Responsible for the analysis, administration and support of voice, video, and/or data communications networks.
Provide full lifecycle support for Customer Data; Video and Voice communications services in CONUS and OCONUS locations; including the installation; testing; operation; maintenance; and management of designated network communications systems and associated equipment for SOF managed voice infrastructures either garrison or deployed for all levels of security classification in accordance with applicable DoD regulations.
Analyzes; administers and maintains voice; video; and/or data communications networks.
Manages the usage and performance of voice; video and/or data communications networks.
Maintains network security and ensures compliance with security polices and procedures.
Evaluates hardware and software; including peripheral; output; and related equipment.
Participates in the development and implementation of network-related procedures and standards.
Participates in and may lead aspects of major network installations and upgrades.
Interfaces with vendors to ensure appropriate resolution during network outages or periods of reduced performance.
Develops and implements testing strategies and document results.
Provides advice and training to end-users.
Troubleshoots and resolves complex problems.
Provides work leadership to less-experienced network personnel and may have supervisory responsibilities.
May serve as a technical team or task leader.
Maintains current knowledge of relevant hardware and software applications as assigned.
Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) certification
Direct Experience will be considered in lieu of advanced degree on a case-by-case basis.
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP)
- ITIL v3 Foundations
- 5-8 years of directly related experience in network administration and support.
- Must have a strong background supporting a complex routing environment.
- Must have a strong background supporting the following routing protocols: EIGRP; BGP; & OSPF.
- Must have a strong background in Firewall; VPN and IPS technologies.
- Must have a strong background in cryptographic devices (KG250; KG175); Multicast; QoS; VoIP; and layer 3/4 switching.
- Must have the ability to perform the following tasks within the local network architecture: infrastructure design; implementation and troubleshooting.
- Experience installing; maintaining and troubleshooting satellite communications equipment.
- Experience creating network diagrams using Microsoft VISIO
- Knowledge of network management applications including Solarwinds Orion
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer – Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.