(Job Number: VOD000CB6)
• Specific point of contact for IT Operation, service management in Vodafone Qatar.
• Works with key accounts to solve service issues & problems end to end.
• Works pro-actively to improve the overall customer experience.
• Business facing role, working with internal business units with Vodafone Qatar (e.g. customer care, Products, networks, Billing etc ) and external partners.
• The IT Operations Engineer is responsible for initiating, defining and implementing all the necessary activities, processes, reports etc to be able to meet or exceed customer Key Performance Indicators on the service.
• To ensure that the level of service provided to all internal and external customers meet performance requirements, the Service Manager will maintain relationships with suppliers of technology/service and internal Product and Process Owners / Managers.
Key accountabilities and decision ownership:
• Experienced professional responsible for the managing End-to-End Service management team activities as well as assessing the commercial impact of service interface changes
• Ensuring contributions to Post Incident Reviews are provided for major incidents and are fully documented within the Problem management system and that root cause and any remedial actions are identified and tracked through to completion within agreed timescales.
• Will typically work on large propositions where management of other End-to-End Service managers is required.
• End-to-End Service Management professional will need to be pro-active with a desire to operate with a service transition environment and have a good understanding of ITIL
• Able to use and adapt and develop recognised ITIL conformant processes and tools, according to the commercial and governance needs of specific programme obligations and contractual requirements.
• A proven ability to lead varied End-to-End Service Management teams within an IT operations frame work.
• Knowledge and/or experience of governance and control of benefits-driven projects.
• Identifies and addresses underlying service problems across Vodafone’s IT network in order to improve the customer experience
• Ensures that everything Vodafone does is delivered Right First Time from the customer’s perspective, at the time that they want it
• Maintains quality of business as usual activity, whilst driving transformational change
• Is a recognised subject matter expert within their field in the e2e Service Management Lifecycle & Specific domains
• Maintain effective Service Management communication plans
• Maintain database of Known Errors and Workarounds.
• Mentoring new members of the team, and training them to prepare for their role and the processes/procedures used within the team.
• End to end technical management of incidents through to technical conclusion meeting Vodafone’s SLA’s and service expectation
• Act as a bridge between the Business and the Service Management function, contributing to the major incidents and bringing together Technology and Business stakeholders to resolve these incidents
• Taking ownership to contact both internal and external partners as per defined process and escalate any issues with resolution
Key performance indicators:
• Service Availability
• Incident resolution within SLA
• Operational Readiness & Service Transition
Core competencies, knowledge and experience:
• Expert Knowledge on Linux, Windows and Oracle DB administration.
• Knowledge of OSS & telecom IT architecture.
Must have technical / professional qualifications:
• BSS (CRM/BRM/ASAP/AIA/UIM)
• Oracle Service Bus