Date: Dec 22, 2016
Location: Doha, RA, QA
Windows Systems Administrator (Job Number:424257)
SAIC has an immediate opening for a Systems Administrator supporting C4ES USCENTCOM. The position is based in Doha, Qatar beginning in January 2017. Prior to January 2017, the position will be based in Tampa,FL.
– The Systems Administrator will be responsible for maintaining and updating Windows Server environment for the USCENTCOM enterprise.
– Other responsibilities include:
– Setting up administrator and service accounts, maintaining system documentation, tuning system performance, installing system wide software, validating and implementing critical system patches, and allocating mass storage space.
– Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products.
– Assist in the implementation of policies and standards related to the use of computing resources, overall strategy, design, implementation, and operational aspects of multiple systems, operating environments, and related software.
– Schedules, plans, and oversees system upgrades.
– Develops functional requirements through interaction with end-users and coordinates with development team on systematic enhancements or changes.
– Reviews the efficiency and effectiveness of the process for controlling problems.
– Performs a variety of difficult assignments associated with monitoring and controlling computer operating systems.
– Analyzes system faults and troubleshoots and runs diagnostic tests on operating systems and hardware to detect problems.
– Evaluates and installs developed software during various phases of testing.
– Reviews and prepares documentation for systems, tests and installation of software.
– Investigates and recommends methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
– Initiates preventive maintenance on the operating systems as well as repair to system/environment problems.
– Administers systems/environment solutions for multiple projects with varying schedules.
– Interfaces with vendors for trouble calls.
– Supports the planning of system/environment requirements for individual projects.
– Producing management information related to problem management.
– Allocating resources to support efforts related to problem management.
– Monitoring the effectiveness of error control and making recommendations for improving.
– Ensuring problems are escalated and tracked at the proper priority level.
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIREMENT:
– Active DoD Secret Clearance is required with the ability to obtain a Top Secret / SCI if hired.
– Security + CE
– ITIL V3
– Bachelor’s degree and 5+ years of progressively responsible experience is desired or 9+ year’s experience (preferred) in lieu of education.
– Experience with Windows Server 2008/2012, MS Exchange, Active Directory.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
Job Posting: Dec 22, 2016, 12:38:35 PM
Primary Location: Qatar-RA-DOHA
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret/SCI
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job