Employment Type:Full Time – PermanentCity:Middle East | Qatar | Doha
Last date of application:31-Dec-2016Qatar Duty Free
Qatar Duty Free (QDF) is an award winning subsidiary of Qatar Airways, the national airline of the state of Qatar and currently operates at the Departure, Arrivals, VIP and Premium Terminal of Hamad International Airport. As one of the fastest growing Duty Free operations in the world, Qatar Duty Free operates from the new Hamad International Airport (HIA). HIA is also home to the newly created QDF Food & Beverage Division which will set new benchmarks in airport hospitality.
About the role:
Responsible in the monthly revenue accounting close efforts including assurance of consistently accurate and timely results for catering, ground handling, cargo handling, internal media services, various airport revenues and other miscellaneous invoices to customer airlines and cargo agents.
Key Accountabilities of the role:
- Contributes to the effective design in improving existing revenue processes and actively participates in identifying improvement of the system usage to ensure desired results are achieved.
- Monitors system rates captured in the billing process are in agreement with the existing contracts and tariff rates thru ad hoc check and invoice audit
- Possesses a high degree of analytical ability in order to prepare analyses and develop new reports/formats/distributions media.
- Performs related duties as assigned which are within the general occupational series and responsibilities level associated with the incumbent’s class of work.
- Invoicing all customers in A/R for various revenue
- Identifying in advance all agreements for revenue which are nearing expiry (2 months advance) and intimating concern department.
- Issuing receipts for cash/cheque collection for invoices, other income & depositing all collection into allotted bank a/c.
- Preparing monthly schedules
- Support auditors during annual/quarterly audit.
- Ensure strict compliance to financial policies and SOPs, maintain a system of internal audit and control in all financial transactions and ensure follow-up actions.
- Preparation of monthly balance sheet schedules
- Any other field or administrative duties related to other operational activities on “as and when required basis
- Take responsibility for own ongoing personal development and growth of expertise.
- Train and develop other employees, for proper succession planning and risk management.
- Assist in the response to any emergency or a major operational disruption affecting Qatar Airways or its subsidiaries, including support of the Qatar Airways Special Assistance Program.
- Other duties and responsibilities as requested by Management.
- Ensure full awareness of work health and safety requirements and expectations in order to minimise health and safety risks for self and colleagues.
- Ensure compliance to all relevant safety, security, quality and environmental management policies, procedures and controls across the operation to guarantee employee safety, security, legislative compliance, delivery of high quality service with a responsible environmental attitude
- Take a direct and personal interest in reported injuries, incidents, near misses and hazards to ensure thatappropriate reporting, investigation and response is being achieved
- 3 Years work experience in relevant field
- Trade of Vocational Qualification
- Excellent Communication and presentation skills
- Strong knowledge of Mircosoft Office (Excel, Power Point, Word)
- Bachelors in relevant field
- Experience in ERP systems
- Previous Airline Experience
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
1. Resume / CV