Linum Consult’s client is currently seeking an Arabic-speaking Senior Quantity Surveyor specialising in cost control to be involved on a significant infrastructure construction project in Qatar.
- Leading a small team of Quantity Surveyors
- Preparing and maintaining estimates, budgets, cost report and cash-flows
- Allocating and tracking the budget
- Reviewing and commenting on bids and contract award recommendation reports
- Estimating of value engineering options and lifecycle costs
- Establishing and maintaining a project cost benchmarking database
- Analysing and reporting on Consultants’ and Contractors’ cost reports and cash-flows
- Coordinating with Package Managers, Consultants and Contractors
- Preparing monthly and weekly reports
A history of working for large consultancies or PMCs on large highway/infrastructure construction projects
At least a Bachelor’s degree qualification in Quantity Surveying with a membership to a recognised international professional organisation such as RICS or ACostE
At least 10 years’ experience of Quantity Surveying, with excellent technical knowledge of conceptual estimating, cost planning, financial accounting, expenditure profiling, cost reporting, and cost forecasting
A background of working in the Middle East would be preferred
Excellent spoken and written communication skills in both Arabic and English
Our client is willing to pay an excellent expat package for this opportunity, including accommodation, transport, health insurance and flights home.
To apply, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org for the attention of Christina Ryan, detailing your current financial package and notice period.