Arcadis is the leading global design & consultancy firm for natural and built assets. Applying our deep market sector insights and collective design, consultancy, engineering, project and management services we work in partnership with our clients to deliver exceptional and sustainable outcomes throughout the lifecycle of their natural and built assets. We are 28,000 people active in over 70 countries that generate more than €3 billion in revenue. We support UN-Habitat with knowledge and expertise to improve the quality of life in rapidly growing cities around the world. http://www.arcadis.com.
We are looking for a Quantity Surveyor to work on one of our major projects in Qatar.
Provide post contract administration activity across defined local roads and drainage projects, delivering high quality commercial submissions to the Engineer. Responsibilities include processing of payment application evaluation, impact assessment of proposed changes, development of variation orders and evaluation and preparation of recommendations in relation to contractor claims.
· Evaluate contractor payment applications against value of work done and prepare recommendations to the Engineer for subsequent payment
· Develop cost impact assessments (CIAs) of proposed changes and review/assess CIAs supplied by contractors
· Provide commercial/quantity based management information as required to support monthly and ad-hoc reporting requirements
· Adopt robust quality assurance arrangements (processes and procedures) that support “right first time” delivery of commercial output
· Liaise with PMC/PWA and contractors on a regular basis and build relationships in parallel with maintaining compliance with formal communication routes adopted by the Supervision Consultant
Contractor’s management team to enable efficient project delivery
PMC Commercial Management team to facilitate commercial product processing
· Must have a Bachelor’s Degree (Engineering)
· Minimum of ten (10) years postgraduate experience.
· Minimum of seven (7) years of experience in major road/drainage project design or construction.
· Minimum of seven (7) years of experience in in-ground infrastructure construction contract administration.
· Experience in supervising wet/dry utility installation and local roads construction preferably with interdisciplinary co-ordination.
· In depth knowledge of FIDIC
· Knowledge of QCS, QSDDM and/or international design standards.
· Experience within GCC (preferred)
What do we offer?
We offer a dynamic and challenging role with international focus and we provide competitive remuneration package reflecting the seniority of the role. You will have a great deal of responsibility with endless opportunity for impact. Given the international remit of this role and our business, a certain level of flexibility in working hours is important. International travel will also be required.