Ernest & Young -Doha Qatar
(Job Number: QAT000J3)
As a Transaction Tax Senior, you’ll join an integrated global network of talented advisors working in a dynamic, fast-moving and commercially-driven environment. In your role, you’ll actively establish, maintain and strengthen internal and external relationships and identify and escalate opportunities for Ernst & Young on existing engagements. You’ll make a technical contribution to projects and deliver work of a high standard that complies with our Quality & Risk Management guidelines. As part of an engagement team, you’ll help clients understand and address the tax implications of the transactions that are strategically important to them – acquisitions, disposals, refinancing, restructurings or initial public offerings.
You’ll also be actively involved in the development of ideas to help clients mitigate transaction risk, enhance opportunity and negotiate effectively.
- Participate in Transaction Tax engagements focusing on tax due diligence, tax structuring, SPA and tax model review etc.
- Work effectively as a member of a worldwide network of professional advisors, sharing responsibility, providing support, maintaining communication and updating senior team members on progress
- Collaborate with a team of Transaction Tax professionals to combine diverse cross-border transaction experience with local tax knowledge across a broad spectrum of industries
- Participate and assist in preparing for meetings essential to the transaction process, e.g., meetings with the management teams of the buyer, seller or target or with their other advisors and providers of finance
- Assist in preparing reports and schedules that will be delivered to clients and other parties
- Develop and maintain productive working relationships with client personnel
- Build strong internal relationships within the Transaction Tax practice and across other service lines
- Contribute to performance feedback for staff
- Contribute to people initiatives, including recruiting and retaining Transaction Tax professionals
- Maintain an educational program to develop your technical and personal skill
- Understand and follow workplace policies and procedures
Technical skills requirements
- A bachelor’s degree with strong academic credentials – accounting, business, finance or a related field desirable. MBA, Masters of Tax, JD and LLM a plus.
- Relevant professional qualification such as CTA, ADIT.
- Four years post-qualification experience
- Experience within M&A and cross-border taxation
- Big 4 or similar consulting experience in a mature market preferred
- Additional skills requirements
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Well-developed analytical and research skills and an ability to draw conclusions from often equivocal or conflicting data
- The ability to manage a project efficiently
Who we are
Our tax practice revolves around helping our clients effectively manage their tax obligations proactively and responsibly. As part of a global team of 35,000 tax professionals in 150 countries, you will advise clients on planning, compliance and reporting wherever the client has needs. Our unwavering commitment to quality service and our technical networks enable you to help clients reduce inefficiencies, mitigate risk and improve opportunities within their tax functions. Groups (or, as we call them – sub-service lines) within Tax include Business Tax Services, Global Compliance and Reporting, Human Capital, Indirect Tax Services, International Tax Services and Transaction Tax Services.
As part of our Transaction Tax team, you will advise companies and private equity investors on all tax aspects of their transactions, whether it is an acquisition, disposal, refinancing, restructuring or initial public offering. You will help clients negotiate throughout the transaction life cycle, from initial due diligence to post-deal implementation.
With so many offerings, you have the opportunity to develop your career through a broad scope of engagements, mentoring and formal learning. That’s how we develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders, and in so doing, play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities. Sound interesting? Well this is just the beginning. Because whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.